Discipleship & Leadership Development
· Growing resilient disciples who can thrive in post-Christian NZ. Using insights from World Vision and Barna Group research published in “Faith For Exiles” by David Kinnaman.
· We will honour the work of Christians in all fields (not just in “church ministry).
· New Courses in the ET School of Ministry: Kingdom of God; What’s the Story? (faith sharing); … We are also interested in combining resources with other churches running ministry/discipleship courses.
· ET Leadership Summit: Fresh, actionable, inspiring leadership training from world class speakers on DVD. 29th Feb 2020.
· Our Ministry Conference 12-14th May will have RZIM's successor to Ravi Zacharias - Michael Ramsden speaking. Our theme is: Tough Questions in Ministry Today - Standing for God and for truth and grace in a post-Christian world. This is a huge opportunity to raise confidence in the gospel in NZ today. Christians from all around the South Island will be attending.
· Experiment with a new pattern of worship at 10am called “Mosaic” connecting with people’s different learning styles and ways of experiencing Jesus.
· Alpha will again give us opportunity to see friends and family come to faith. Dinner is Sunday July 26th.
· Training people in sharing their faith in a natural way (What’s the Story?)
· Christmas Eve will be an event to invite our community to hear the good news of the Saviour’s birth.
· We will develop practical 1x1=1000 ideas such as printing 1000 bibles to be given away by ET people .
Staff and Leadership
· We look forward to our new youth worker, Larissa Pearce, starting in January. She will be working 30hrs/wk.
· We will recruit our new associate pastor!
· SHFT will seek a second youth worker and an intern.
· If we can’t afford a children and families worker, we will direct other leadership resources to this crucial area.
· Recruit two new elders.
· The mission facilities group will bring a recommendation for the first step with new buildings arising from our concept plan.
· We will formulate a funding plan for this project.
Mission with our Community
· Community on the Coast – getting involved in what God is doing on the coast. Meeting neighbours, meeting together, Kai on the Coast shared meal.
· We will have wider reaching impact in combating loneliness through partnerships with Neighbourhood Support and others.
· We will grow our work with Taieri College.
· We will continue to actively support God’s work through Malawi, Egypt and Thailand and through World Vision and TEARFund.
· We will support Erica Aarsen as she prepares to leave as a missionary with SIM to South Sudan.